Saturday, July 5, 2014

Espresso on Ice

When the weather's balmy and I'm fighting jetlag, I get iced espresso drinks. I've been a subscriber to these for a whole week now, which are important especially after an emotionally exciting yet draining showing of the World Cup.

My favorite outdoor viewing spot was in the Shangri-La's Garden Courtyard. Calmer than the regular bar/pub, the hotel hosted a comfortable viewing in their outdoor area, within walking distance to the bar and the pool. We camped out earlier for brunch and a good seat before it got super packed for the USA vs Portugal game.

Before it got jam-packed with USA fans & Uncle Sam

After the game, I started heading back and decide that I need a coffee fix. Demitasse, of Little Tokyo fame, opened a 2nd branch just north of the Promenade and offers an amazing Iced Mint Cubano (side note: I should buy a mint plant). After days of experimenting with iced drinks around Montana Ave (including drinks that are 4 espresso shots poured over ice with a bit a of milk...), I decided to experiment with making my own ice brewed drinks.


I picked up some whole bean Safeway Select Espresso Roast for the experiment. And 24 hours of cold brewing later...

Some cold brew poured over ice, 2% milk, and a few mint leaves. Bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment